Current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
The best way to prevent ANY illness is to avoid being exposed.
Follow these simple everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of all respiratory viruses including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
If you are sick, to keep from spreading your illness to others, you should:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze preferably with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue in the trash and wash hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Please see the following web pages for the most up to date information:
- Current Counts of People Being Monitored by Public Health
- Current counts of People being tested in Iowa & Current Cases being reported
- Information for Personal Preparedness & Prevention and Travel Considerations
- Resources for Businesses, Schools, Healthcare, Long-term Care, and the General Public