Please arrive in our office before 4 PM for all title transfers or if you are moving into Iowa from another state.
The content of this website is accessible using all web browsers. However, forms download effortlessly using Internet Explorer.
Printable list containing all requirements - Out of State Dealer Checklist
Note: If the vehicle is being titled in an organization name, the agent signing for the organization MUST sign and hand print their individual name (stamped or typed names are not acceptable) as well as their job title with the organization.
Additional Points to Note
- For each reassignment, information must be complete and must have original signatures on all documents.
- Forms may be located by going to www.iowatreasurers.org motor vehicle forms.
- Fees are calculated with the following:
- A 5% road use tax is calculated on the price of vehicle, minus trade allowance on vehicle traded and manufacturer rebates.
- Title Fee: $25.00
- Lien Fee: $10.00
- Registration Fee is subject to vehicle and renewal month. Trade vehicle plate and registration credit may be transferred. Fees will be quoted by calling our office and providing the VIN#.
- A Fee Calculator is located at www.iowdot.gov/mvd.
- In the registering a vehicle tab click on "Fee calculators"
- Hover mouse over "Tools" the dealer inquiry tab will present; click on this.
- Click on the "Fee Estimator"
- From there you will be able to determine applicable fees.
This is a guideline for Dealers. We cannot guarantee documents are in order until documents have been presented in office. Transfers are unique and documents required may vary for each transaction.