Military Service Records

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Military discharge papers (DD 214’s) may be filed in the Dallas County Recorder’s office. An original or certified copy is needed for filing purposes.

If you wish to request a certified copy of a military discharge, please complete and return the application. This may be done in person or through the mail. Please send a photo copy of your driver’s license if mailing. Entitlement has to be proven before a certified copy can be issued. There is no charge to record or obtain a certified copy of a military record.

Iwo Jima Monument

Military Record Request Form

Click here for more information on Veterans Affairs.