Election workers are essential to ensuring that elections are a success. With each election, millions of Americans dedicate themselves to sustaining the backbone of democracy - our election process. Positions are available for poll workers, absentee board members, the health care facility voting team and part time temporary office workers. For details on position duties contact the auditor's office at 515-993-4751.
Qualifications to serve are:
• Registered voter in Dallas County
• Not be an opposed candidate or closely related to any opposed candidate on the ballot
• Have energy and stamina for a long day (14-16 hours)
• Comfortable working on a laptop
Duties of a precinct election worker include:
• Attend training before each election
• Use a laptop to process voters
• Instruct voters in using the voting equipment
• Close the polling place
• Report results after the polls close
• Complete paperwork/ clean up polling area
COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION BELOW - Once complete a member of our staff will contact you with details on volunteering!