Dallas County Court Fine Collections

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Dallas County Attorney's Office offers payment plans to assist you in payment of delinquent fines. Participation in a payment plan with the County Attorney's Office may allow you to obtain your driver's license back, register your vehicles, and/or renew your license plates.  

Payment Plan/Payroll Deduction Option

If your case has become delinquent (more than 90 days since disposition), you may be eligible to set up a payment plan by completing a Financial Affidavit Application.  Payment options include monthly payments or payroll auto deductions with the cooperation of your employer. If your application is approved, you will be contacted by mail with the information needed to begin your payment plan. 

Driver's License Reinstatement

If the Department of Transportation (DOT) has suspended your driver's license, you may be able to enter into the Driver's License Reinstatement program with our office by signing a County Attorney Payment Plan (CAPP) agreement.  To enter into a CAPP plan, you must contact our office and provide your name, social security number, driver's license number and birth date in addition to completing a Financial Affidavit Application. We then work with the DOT to determine your eligibility.

Driver's License Reinstatement Eligibility

You will not be eligible for the license reinstatement program if any of the following criteria apply:

  • If your license is suspended for non-payment of child support
  • If your license is suspended for out-of-state tickets.
  • If you have failed to complete a substance abuse evaluation (if required by the DOT)
  • If you have failed to obtain an Ignition Interlock device (if required by the DOT)
  • If you have failed to complete the Drinking and Driving Class (if required by the DOT)

Where do I make my payments?

  • In person at the Dallas County Clerks Office 801 Main St. Adel, Iowa, Mon-Fri 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
  • Over the phone by calling 515-993-5816
  • Online (click on the pay fines online link, then enter the type of case, DALLAS County, then your first and last name then search) 

How can I pay?

You can pay your fines using cash, credit/debit card or check.  Cash must be paid in person at the Clerk of Court's office.  Money orders are accepted in person or by mail.  Debit/credit is accepted in person, online, or over the phone. Always provide your case number to ensure that your payment is properly credited. 

There is a hold on my registration how do I get that hold lifted?

If you have a hold preventing you from registering your vehicle, or renewing your license plates, you will need to enter a payment plan.  If you are not already on a payment plan, your first month's payment is 10% of the total amount owed, or $75, whichever is greater.  If you are currently on a payment plan, you must be current on all payments before the hold will be lifted.