- Roger Zobel, R.Ph., Chair
- Sandra Christensen, C.P.A., Vice Chair
- Cynthia Swanson, R.N.
- Cheryl Standing, M.D.
The purpose of the Board of Health, as a legal component of local governmental structure is to:
- Assume full legal authority and responsibility for the operation of the Public Health Nursing Agency and the Environmental Health Agency.
- Be responsible for establishing and promoting the Public Health Nursing Program and Environmental Health Agency.
- Oversee personnel action recommended by Administrators.
- Act as County Nursing Advisory Board and appoint agency administrators.
- Oversee the management of fiscal affairs of the agencies and appoint persons to serve on the Budget Committee.
- Adopt and periodically review written policies.
- The Board of Health will meet at least quarterly.
The Dallas County Board of Health regularly meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 3pm in the Public Health Office at the Dallas County Human Services Campus, 25747 N Ave, Ste C, Adel, IA. Scheduled meeting changes may be posted on the Agenda & Minutes page, as well as the County Calendar.