The North Raccoon River Water Trail enables recreational paddlers to enjoy the North Raccoon River from Vogel Access in northern Sac County, to the junction with the Des Moines River in Polk County, a distance of about 180 river miles.
• The furthest upstream access in Dallas County is the Dawson Boat Ramp (map here). The Dawson Boat Ramp is located 1 mile north of Dawson along the east side of County Road P46.
• About 6 miles downstream is the Perry Boat Ramp located on the north side of the HWY 141 bridge at the west edge of Perry.
• The next stop is Spring Valley Access 4.5 miles down the river located at the east side of County Road P58.
• Another 5.6 miles takes you to Snyder Access (map here) which is on the south side of County Road F31 west of Minburn.
• Highway 44 Access is found 4.8 miles downstream.
• The next access is the Kinnick-Feller Park Access which is 6.4 miles on downstream.
• Downstream .7 mile is Adel Island Park. Both Kinnick-Feller Park Access and Adel Island Park are found at the north edge of Adel. This route includes a lowhead dam that must be portaged around.
• Traveling 7.5 miles downstream from Adel Island Park brings you to Puckerbrush Access (map here). This access
is located on the west side of County Road R16 about two miles north of Van Meter.
• Booneville Access is the last access in Dallas County, and is another 8.1 miles downstream.
Dallas County Conservation Board
14581 K Avenue
Perry, Iowa 50220
Office hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.